Sunday, February 27, 2011

So long summer...

It's that time of year again, back to school... yeah... I'm entering into grade 12, or 4 Medio, one more time! This will be my 2nd time re-entering high school after I've graduated... what?! My last two weeks of summer have been kind of busy. I took spanish lessons to help brush up and improve as I had time before heading back into school. The school was really great organizing events and more opportunities to practice and learn. I've also met some really nice people who I wouldn't have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. It just so happens that there's 4 girls from the school living in a Chilean families house just 2 blocks away from me, and my Mama happens to be really good friends with the family! Anyways it's been fun meeting some more "exchange students" and going out doing things like salsa dancing - or my interpretation of it!

It's quite scary to see how fast summer went by, those 2 1/2 months just disappeared - I don't even want to imagine what the rest of my exchange will be like! Summer was great and really nice being in the southern hemisphere as the northern hemisphere exchangers don't get summer vacation! But in all honestly I'm looking forward to going back to school, see all my classmates again, this time being able to understand and speak more spanish, and hopefully looking forward to spending more time with my Chilean friends. But I am already dreading having to wake-up at 6:30 am... after being used to not falling asleep until the wee hours of the day.

P.S. I made Kraft Dinner for the first time in over 6 months... it was like a little piece of home, that good old fake bright orange cheese powder!


At the salsateca - Brasil, Brasil, Canada, Sweden

A bit windy at the top of Santa Lucia

Crazy Texans

Well I'm off to get my backpack packed and my uniform out and ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment