Sunday, March 21, 2010

Small World

I just got back from my March Break trip with my dad, step-mom, and step-brother in Las Vegas, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon National Park. We're kinda outdoor nerds so we spent our break looking at rocks, literally! I enjoyed it, I'm so amazed by how little you can feel compared to these huge rock formations in front of you. But my dad kept on telling me "This will be nothing compared to the Andes in Chile!" Ahhh, it just makes me so excited still!

Also my mom was just in Kenya, Africa for 2 week with Sleeping Children Around The World (SCAW) distributing bed kits to children in need. While there SCAW was hosted by the Rotary Club of Nairobi... seriously Rotary and Rotarians keep on popping up in my life everywhere now! There was also a Rotarian travelling with my mom's group from India, and his daughter was on a RYE from India to Brazil in 2004-2005. So my mom and him bonded over sending their daughters away and he ended up giving my mom his daughter's Rotary name tag to give to me! I was surprised, but it's going on my jacket as soon as I get it!

Seriously what a small World!

No comments:

Post a Comment