Thursday, June 24, 2010

Departure Date: August 17th, 2010!

Yep, I finally booked my flight and have an official date that I'll arrive in Chile! That means I only have 54 more days in Canada before I leave! I have to try and fit in so much before I leave, family vacation, seeing the Inbounds before they leave, family time, hanging out with friends, getting everything prepared, saying goodbye... it's going to come so fast!

Last week I had to say goodbye (at least for a month) to Mickey and Karla, the Inbounds in Cambridge. They`re on an amazing Cross-Canada Trip starting in New Brunswick all the way to Vancouver, I don`t think many Canadians can say that they`ve done that!


Mickey, Myself, and Karla at a Rotary meeting a while ago

Today I have officially finished high school! Well at least Canadian high school because I'll be going right into my new Chilean high school when I arrive in August. But my class did not go out without a bang, we pulled a Senior Prank last Friday and played a big game of road hockey in our student parking lot... it was amazing!


Erica, Laura and I ready for some road hockey!


GOAAAAL!


Chile Pride!

In the meantime I've been trying to get as much stuff ready as I can. I now have all my forms to get my visa, but due to the craziness in Toronto I'll have to wait until next week when the G8 and G20 summits are over. I've also been busy trying to get pins to give away while I'm down in Chile but its pretty hard to find inexpensive ones, not to mention the federal government likes to give out the really tiny ones!

Yesterday I also raided the dollar store and got a lot of Canadian loot! One of the best finds - a Canada flag that plays the national anthem.... haha I had to get it! I don't know how I'm going to bring everything down with me! Then when we were driving we saw a sign that said "Chile Soccer Tees Here" so we obviously had to go in. It was weird that there was actually a place around where I live that sells Chile stuff, I've only seen one other vehicle besides my own that has Chilean flag on it! The lady in the store was so sweet, she was from the South of Chile and asked if I needed references or anything when I went, and then she went on to warn me about how cold it will be when I get there (there is no central heating). So sweet!






Chile vs. Spain on Friday.... VIVA CHILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment