Sunday, February 28, 2010

Earthquake

It's only been a week since I've found out that I am going to be living in Chile for a year and one of the worst things has happened to my host country. A earthquake higher in magnitude than the Haitian one has struck the central part of Chile, the epicenter where I will most likely be placed for my exchange. I'm pretty much glued to the news coverage because I already feel so connected to my host country. Luckily my friend/inbound from Chile has told me that his family is fine, but I still can't imagine that yet again another huge earthquake has shook-up the world in more than one way.

About a week ago or so I was talking with my best friends about the worst type of natural disaster that we could imagine, and we all came to the consensus of an earthquake. Putting so much faith into the ground that we are so fond and comfortable of, and then boom... its shaking beneath you. All I can do is hope for the best of every Chilean, and the rebuilding of such a great country.

No comments:

Post a Comment