Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not-So-Typical Thanksgiving



It was more difficult than I thought to be missing Thanksgiving this year. I'm usually accustomed to at least 2, maybe 3 Thanksgiving dinners back home but this year no big bird, stuffing, or pumpkin pie for me! On Sunday my good exchange friend/fellow Canadian met me in Santiago and we went out for sushi and walked around Providencia. A lot of stores and restaurants were closed, I think it must be a Sunday thing, possibly for religious reasons. We decided that we would make our own Thanksgiving dinner for my host-family for once. So we bought some sliced turkey, mashed-up some potatoes, cooked some squash, made some gravy and BAM - Thanksgiving dinner!









I don't think my host-family fully understood what Thanksgiving was but it was a good meal!

Things that I am thankful for but not limited to...
  • My family in Canada
  • My friends - Canadian, Exchange, Chilean
  • My host-family
  • Rotary and my exchange
  • Opportunity and freedom
  • Food - even if it does make me gain "exchange weight"
  • A roof over my head
  • Skype

1 comment:

  1. super cute lyndsay!! p.s practice thanksgiving back home was very helpful for when i made it in NZ last weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete